Learn how to create your account and retrieve your API credentials for your app.
Learn more about APIs
Get familiar with the portal before building your apps.
CareFirst is launching an API platform for the application developer community. It provides a list of products that our external partners and application developers can use to build the next generation of healthcare applications.
Submit your application for approval
To register a new application, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Manage applications card from Developer's workspace.
- Click on the Register application button.
- Fill in all required information for the application.
- Submit the form. Additional information may be requested by CareFirst.
- Once your application is approved for the specified API(s), you can view your credentials.
Learn about different ways to call the APIs from your application and decide what fits your needs.
This is machine-to-machine authorization flow. In this case, the client is the resource owner and no end-user authorization is required.
An example would be a cron job client calling an API to perform some function. The authentication is done on the basis of the access token.
This flow is useful when an end-user needs API access and requires a user context. In this flow, a username/password will be used by the end-user to authenticate. Once authenticated, the end-user is redirected to redirect_url with an authorization_code.
An example would be a user that logs into their CareFirst MyAccount and would like to view only their claims online.